About Us

Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquiry online. We will respond as soon as possible.

Request Call back

    Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    * All fields are required

    Electronic Travel Authorization ( eTA)

     It only costs $7 CAD. Most eTA applications are approved within minutes of applying.

    This year will see a fundamental change in the way Canada welcomes temporary visitors, with the full introduction of a new pre-screening system for visa-exempt individuals, known as electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Travelers may be familiar with a similar system used in the United States, known as ESTA, which has been in operation for a number of years.

     The government of Canada recently announced that, as of September 29, 2016, an eTA would be mandatory for visa-exempt travelers flying to or transiting through Canada by air. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and persons with a valid Canadian visa. Until September 29, 2016, visa-exempt travelers who do not have an eTA can board their flight as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport.

    The new eTA system aims to provide stress-free travel for visa-exempt individuals by requiring them to complete an online form before departure. Visa-exempt individuals seeking temporary entry to Canada are asked to complete a short online form, in which they provide some personal information and answer a few basic questions relating to criminality or medical issues.

    To complete the online form, applicants need:

    • a valid passport from a visa-exempt country;
    • a credit card to pay the $7 CAD fee;
    • a valid email address; and
    • Access to the internet and a few minutes of time.

    In most cases, the eTA will be granted within minutes of applying and linked electronically to the applicant’s passport. The eTA is then valid for a period of five years from the day on which it is issued to the applicant or until the earliest of the following days if they occur before the end of that period:

    • the day on which the applicant’s passport or other travel document expires;
    • the day on which the eTA is canceled; or
    • the day on which a new eTA is issued to the applicant.

    The eTA includes the applicant’s name, date and place of birth, gender, address, nationality, and passport and/or travel document information. If the applicant is unable to make the application by means of the electronic system because of a physical or mental disability, it may be made by another means, including a paper application form.

     Visa-exempt, and who needs an eTA?

    Unless otherwise exempt, citizens of the following countries must obtain an eTA in order to enter Canada as of September 29, 2016:

    Andorra Anguilla Antigua & Barbuda
    Australia Austria Bahamas
    Barbados Belgium Bermuda
    Chile Croatia Cyprus
    Czech Republic Denmark Estonia
    Finland France Germany
    Greece Hungary Iceland
    Ireland Israel Italy
    Japan Korea (South) Latvia
    Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg
    Malta Monaco Netherlands
    New Zealand Norway Poland
    Portugal San Marino Singapore
    Slovakia Slovenia Spain
    Sweden Switzerland Taiwan
    Turks and Caicos United Kingdom

    A number of exemptions from the requirement to obtain pre-approval to travel are in place, including:

    • nationals of the United States;
    • individuals already in possession of a Canadian temporary resident visa;
    • certain foreign diplomats;
    • commercial aircrew;
    • citizens of France who are residents of St. Pierre and Miquelon;
    • individuals in possession of a visa to enter the United States on a flight bound for that country in transit through Canada, where the sole purpose of the flight stopping in Canada is for purpose of refueling;
    • individuals transiting through Canada as a passenger on a flight who are in possession of any visa required to enter the country of destination;
    • individuals carrying out official duties as a member of the armed forces of a country that is a designated state for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act;
    • study or work permit holders re-entering Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
    • Her Majesty in right of Canada and any member of the Royal Family.

    Individuals who are not citizens of a visa-exempt country must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before traveling to Canada. The TRV is a document issued by a Canadian Immigration Visa Office, showing that the holder has satisfied the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor. In almost all cases, TRVs are granted for multiple entries, meaning that the bearer can leave and re-enter Canada on the same visa. Extensions may be applied for from within Canada.

    Wanted to Know more or for free Consultation
    Call – +1 (604)-597-1119 E-mail us on – info@ideaimmigration.com

    When our phone is busy, or you don’t have time

    request a call back.

      I would like to discuss:

      * All fields are required



      Surrey-BC [Head Office]
      Regina- SK