International Students

Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquiry online. We will respond as soon as possible.

Request Call back

    Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    * All fields are required

    Students Compliance

    In Canada, study permit holders are required to pursue their studies actively.

    This means, among other things, remaining enrolled at a designated learning institution, making timely and reasonable progress towards completing your study program, and maintaining your immigration status.

    Actively Pursuing Your Studies

    Study permit holders are required to pursue their studies actively. You should be enrolled in a full-time or periodically part-time credit pack to be considered actively pursuing your studies. However, to work in Canada on a study permit, you must maintain full-time status.

    Each institution determines its definition of full-time studies. However, full-time studies usually mean a minimum of 9 credits (3 courses) per semester.


    As the law demands, Canadian Designated Learning Institutions periodically report each international student’s enrollment level to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).


    Canadian immigration officers set constraints on your study permit. These may include one or more of the following:

    • the type of studies or course you may take;
    • the educational institution you may attend;
    • the location of your studies;
    • the time and period of your studies;
    • the times and places at which you shall report for medical examination or observation;
    • the times and places at which you shall report for the presentation of evidence of compliance with applicable conditions;
    • the prohibition of engaging in employment; or
    • the duration of your stay in Canada

    Failure to comply with these conditions can have severe effects.

    Study Permit Renewal

    You must apply before the expiration of your study permit if you would like to resume studying in Canada. Schools suggest you apply at least three months before the expiry of your status to qualify for processing time. If you apply for an extension, you should stay back in Canada and complete the conditions of your actual study permit (i.e., you cannot quit school and start working).

    Expired Study Permits

    If your study permit expires and you have not applied for an extension, you must quit studying and working immediately, as you will be assumed out of status.

    If you fall out of status, you must apply for restoring quality. You will have 90 days from the day your study permit expires to apply for this restoration. This application can only be made inside Canada, and you will need to remain in the country until a decision is made on your application to restore status. The restoration process can take several months, and there are no guarantees that your application for a new study permit will be successful.

    Lost Study Permits

    You will need to ask for a replacement by launching an application called a “verification of status or replacement of an immigration document.” In these cases, you may continue studying in Canada, but you should not leave until you obtain a copy of your study permit.

    Taking a Semester Break

    If you would like to take a semester off, it could affect your study permit and ability to work. Check with your international student advisor if you want to take time away from your studies.

    Regular and Scheduled Breaks

    A regular or scheduled break is defined as a summer holiday, reading week, winter holiday, or transition period between graduation and receiving a post-graduation work permit. According to IRCC, a consecutive four-month break can only be taken:

    • once in a calendar year; and
    • Before and after the term, students must have had full-time enrollment before and after the term considered a scheduled break.

    Wanted to Know more or for free Consultation
    Call – +1 (604)-597-1119 E-mail us on –

    When our phone is busy, or you don’t have time

    request a call back.

      I would like to discuss:

      * All fields are required



      Surrey-BC [Head Office]
      Regina- SK