Permanent Card Renewal (PR RENEWAL)
Idea Immigration consultant is experienced in renewing your permanent residency card or PR card renewal. Any Canadian Permanent Resident must have a valid permanent resident card (PR card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada via commercial carrier (e.g., plane, bus, train, or boat). However, you may enter Canada without a valid PR card via the land border in a private vehicle or at an airport via a private plane. A permanent resident card (PR card) is usually issued for five years but can sometimes be issued for one year instead. It is valid until the expiry date listed on the card.
Experienced and reliable Canadian immigration consultant Mr. Navneet Sharma suggests, “If your PR card is not ready before you leave Canada or if you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Requirements to renew PR Card
- To renew your PR card, you must be a Canadian permanent resident and meet Canada’s minimum residency requirement (730 days out of the last five years).
- You must have a valid passport to renew your PR card. You need to explain if you do not have a valid passport and cannot obtain one.
You should only apply for a PR card if.
- Your card has expired or will expire in less than nine months.
- Your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- You did not receive your PR card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
- You need to update your PR card to legally change your name, change your citizenship, change your gender designation, or correct your date of birth.
You may qualify to renew your PR card if you were/are outside of Canada and do not meet the minimum residency requirements. You may qualify under the following circumstances:
- You are living outside Canada with a Canadian spouse.
- You are working outside Canada full-time for a Canadian company.
- Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) factors may be used to renew the PR Card under exceptional circumstances which were beyond the applicant’s control. H&C factors and/or exceptional circumstances may be:
- Severe injury or illness outside Canada.
- Severe injury, illness, or death of a close family member outside Canada.
- Caring for a relative or de facto relative outside Canada who is a minor child or who is unable to care for themselves.
Urgent permanent Card or PR processing.
If you require your PR card to be processed urgently. Call Navneet Sharma, a certified immigration consultant, or Idea Immigration for your PR renewal. To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be in Canada and traveling within the next three months due to the following:
- A job opportunity.
- Your own serious illness.
- The death of a family member.
- Work-related to your current job.
- The serious illness of a family member.
- Proof of travel showing destination and travel dates (e.g., travel itinerary, a copy of the ticket).
- A copy of the receipt for the trip (a ticket receipt) with the date, the amount paid, and the payment method.
- A letter explaining the reason for the urgency.
- Proof of the urgency (e.g., doctor’s note, death certificate, the letter from employer, etc.)
Book an Appointment with Navneet Sharma click here
Contact Navneet Sharma
When our phone is busy, or you don’t have time
Growth through innovation/creativity. Rather than be constrained by ideas for new products, services and new markets coming from just a few people, a Thinking Corporation can tap into the employees.January 14, 2022
Says Morgan Fraud, the author of The Thinking Corporation, “Given that we are all capable of contributing new ideas, the question becomes how do you successfully generate, capture, process and implement ideas?” Becoming an organization capable of answering this question can benefit in a number of waysJanuary 18, 2022
Many businesses, large and small, have a huge source of great ideas that can help them improve, innovate, and grow, and yet so many of these companies never think of using this amazing corporate asset. What is this highly valuable asset? Its own people.January 22, 2022
Supported by a robust sales force and tight cost controls, Pharm Ltd. experienced sustained double-digit growth over a number of years, only to find that their supply chain struggled to keep pace.February 9, 2022