About Us

Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquiry online. We will respond as soon as possible.

Request Call back

    Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.

    * All fields are required

    Permanent Card Renewal (PR RENEWAL)

    Idea Immigration consultant is experienced in renewing your permanent residency card or PR card renewal. Any Canadian Permanent Resident must have a valid permanent resident card (PR card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada via commercial carrier (e.g., plane, bus, train, or boat). However, you may enter Canada without a valid PR card via the land border in a private vehicle or at an airport via a private plane. A permanent resident card (PR card) is usually issued for five years but can sometimes be issued for one year instead. It is valid until the expiry date listed on the card.

    Experienced and reliable Canadian immigration consultant Mr. Navneet Sharma suggests, “If your PR card is not ready before you leave Canada or if you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).

    Requirements to renew PR Card

    • To renew your PR card, you must be a Canadian permanent resident and meet Canada’s minimum residency requirement (730 days out of the last five years).
    • You must have a valid passport to renew your PR card. You need to explain if you do not have a valid passport and cannot obtain one.

    You should only apply for a PR card if.

    • Your card has expired or will expire in less than nine months.
    • Your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed.
    • You did not receive your PR card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
    • You need to update your PR card to legally change your name, change your citizenship, change your gender designation, or correct your date of birth.

    You may qualify to renew your PR card if you were/are outside of Canada and do not meet the minimum residency requirements. You may qualify under the following circumstances:

    • You are living outside Canada with a Canadian spouse.
    • You are working outside Canada full-time for a Canadian company.
    • Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) factors may be used to renew the PR Card under exceptional circumstances which were beyond the applicant’s control. H&C factors and/or exceptional circumstances may be:
    • Severe injury or illness outside Canada.
    • Severe injury, illness, or death of a close family member outside Canada.
    • Caring for a relative or de facto relative outside Canada who is a minor child or who is unable to care for themselves.

    Urgent permanent Card or PR processing.

    If you require your PR card to be processed urgently. Call Navneet Sharma, a certified immigration consultant, or Idea Immigration for your PR renewal. To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be in Canada and traveling within the next three months due to the following:

    • A job opportunity.
    • Your own serious illness.
    • The death of a family member.
    • Work-related to your current job.
    • The serious illness of a family member.

    Documents requirement

    • Proof of travel showing destination and travel dates (e.g., travel itinerary, a copy of the ticket).
    • A copy of the receipt for the trip (a ticket receipt) with the date, the amount paid, and the payment method.
    • A letter explaining the reason for the urgency.
    • Proof of the urgency (e.g., doctor’s note, death certificate, the letter from employer, etc.)

    Book an Appointment with Navneet Sharma click here 

    Contact Navneet Sharma

    a reputed certified Canadian Immigration consultant on
    Call – +1 (604)-597-1119 E-mail us on – info@ideaimmigration.com

    When our phone is busy, or you don’t have time

    request a call back.

      I would like to discuss:

      * All fields are required



      Surrey-BC [Head Office]
      Regina- SK