Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta is a prosperous province affluent in untouched beauty and resources.
Located in Western Canada, Alberta has one of Canada’s high thriving economies. The province is residence to two of Canada’s largest cities, Calgary and Edmonton, and is the most swarming of the country’s three ‘Prairie provinces. It is also recognized as one of the most beautiful parts of North America, with well-known national parks, such as Banff and Jasper.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program. Via this program, forthcoming immigrants with the right blend of skills and work experience demanded by the province may acquire an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate, sprinting up the comprehensive immigration process.
The AINP consists of the following immigration streams:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
NOTE: The Strategic Recruitment Stream and Employer-Driven Stream were terminated on June 14, 2018.
Find out if you authorize a Provincial Nominee Program.
Alberta Opportunity Stream
This stream lets individuals who fulfill the stream’s minimum eligibility requirements and work in Alberta in an eligible occupation apply for an AINP provincial nomination.
The AINP will present further changes to the Alberta Opportunity Stream between 2019 and 2021.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
This stream permits the Government of Alberta to nominate eligible candidates from Canada’s Express Entry system. A successful nomination results in 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System points under this stream.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This stream lets individuals with farming experience and personal funds purchase and develop a farm in Alberta to apply for permanent residence. Successful applicants are farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta to buy and drive their farming business.
The following streams are now terminated. They were replaced by the Alberta Opportunity Stream on June 14, 2018.
Strategic Recruitment Stream
This stream was available to individuals to apply to the AINP without employer backing. It consisted of three different categories:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category – Tradespersons who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or a Recognized Trade Certificate may be eligible under this category. Individuals must be living in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application and work in a compulsory or optional trade.
- Engineering Occupations Category – This category was designed for engineers, designers, and drafters with Alberta work experience. Applicants must operate in one of the designated occupations.
- Post Graduate Worker Category – Individuals who have graduated from an identified post-secondary institution in Alberta and are currently working in Alberta in an eligible occupation on a Post-Graduation Work Permit may be eligible for this program.
This stream allowed employers to nominate employees to the AINP for Canadian immigration. This stream consisted of three sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category – For individuals with a permanent, full-time job offer in an eligible professional occupation. Individuals were not needed to be working in Alberta at the time of application.
- International Graduate Category – For individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, carry a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category – For temporary foreign workers who have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation.
When our phone is busy, or you don’t have time
Growth through innovation/creativity. Rather than be constrained by ideas for new products, services and new markets coming from just a few people, a Thinking Corporation can tap into the employees.January 14, 2022
Says Morgan Fraud, the author of The Thinking Corporation, “Given that we are all capable of contributing new ideas, the question becomes how do you successfully generate, capture, process and implement ideas?” Becoming an organization capable of answering this question can benefit in a number of waysJanuary 18, 2022
Many businesses, large and small, have a huge source of great ideas that can help them improve, innovate, and grow, and yet so many of these companies never think of using this amazing corporate asset. What is this highly valuable asset? Its own people.January 22, 2022
Supported by a robust sales force and tight cost controls, Pharm Ltd. experienced sustained double-digit growth over a number of years, only to find that their supply chain struggled to keep pace.February 9, 2022